10 Common BOTOX Cosmetic Concerns
1. BOTOX Cosmetic costs too much. I can’t afford it.
- Per day, the cost is no more than a cup of Starbucks coffee.
- Prevention is a lot more cost effective than correction.
- As Dr. Bonnett is doing the treatment, these treatments can be tax deductible.
- Starting with one area can also minimize overall cost.
2. I don’t want to look unnatural. What about aging gracefully?
- The point of the treatment is not to look 20 years younger but to decrease the signs of aging.
- It is not a drastic change like plastic surgery but it will create a vibrant, more youthful appearance.
- BOTOX Cosmetic will slow down the aging process.
3. Why should I choose BOTOX instead of a dermal filler like Juvederm?
- Botox Cosmetic is used for expression lines (cause of lines) where fillers like Juvederm are for lines at rest (effect of cause) or are used to volumize and enhance areas like lips.
- Ultimately, you don’t have to choose. BOTOX Cosmetic and fillers work very well together and will give you great, natural looking results.
4. I’ve tried BOTOX before. It didn’t get rid of all my wrinkles and it didn’t last.
- BOTOX Cosmetic lasts for 3-4 months and will improve lines initially but may not get rid of them on the first treatment. With repeated use, BOTOX Cosmetic will continue to soften unwanted lines in treated areas.
5. I just bought a cream that promises to eliminate my fine lines and wrinkles. Why would I pay so much more to get an injection that does the same thing?
- Cream is topical and BOTOX treats the muscle. No cream can possibly treat the muscle.
- Cream would actually cost more as you need to continuously purchase it over the same time frame in which BOTOX works.
- Patients could have allergies/sensitivities to ingredients in creams. There are no reported allergies to BOTOX.
- Studies prove that BOTOX works where most creams do not have any long-term studies.
- Why do we all have so many creams in our bathrooms? Creams are great for the surface of our skin but you need BOTOX to target the muscle causing the unwanted movement.
6. What about people who can’t stop using BOTOX Cosmetic? I don’t want tobecome addicted.
- There are no addictive qualities to BOTOX Cosmetic.
- Lots of people get BOTOX injected for a special occasion.
- Patients are not addicted to the product; they are just very satisfied with theirresults.
- You will be so happy with your results that this will become something you willwant to maintain.
7. What happens if I decide to stop getting treatments? I heard that all of your wrinkles suddenly come back a lot worse.
- Your wrinkles will gradually come back over time but will not be any worse.
- Wrinkles will be much improved following treatment since you are not using the underlying muscle.
- While the BOTOX is working, you are preventing the unwanted line from getting any worse so you will be better off.
- You will be so happy with your results that you will want to continue your treatments.
8. Didn’t someone get Botulism from a BOTOX injection? It hasn’t been around that long…how do I know it’s safe?
- Botox has been approved for use in Canada for 20 years.
- Botox has many medical uses (ex. Cerebral Palsy).
- BOTOX Cosmetic is derived from a naturally occurring bacteria and made into a medication.
- With 20 years of use, there has never been a reported case of botulism.
- As with penicillin, which is derived from mold that is naturally occurring, BOTOX is also derived from something naturally occurring – bacteria.
- With over 20 years of use, there has never been a reported allergy to BOTOX.
9. If I have to keep getting repeat treatments of BOTOX, why wouldn’t I pay a bit more and get something permanent done?
- BOTOX offers minimal ‘downtime’ as opposed to many weeks following surgery.
- BOTOX is temporary; permanent options or solutions can lead to permanent problems.
10. I don’t want my friends and family to know that I have had anything done.
- We pride ourselves on patient confidentiality.
- Your results will be very natural and there is no reason to tell! Your friends will tell you that you look better rested.
- There is no downtime. No one will suspect you have had the treatments.
- The solution is not to overdo the treatment but to give you enough BOTOX to achieve success.